June 20, 2009 at 9:20 pm
June 20, 2009 at 8:31 pm
the freeze frame picture of the murdered woman is the face of the protesters.
i can’t think of anything more. a picture is more than a thousand words.
So true, so true!
I cannot get that image out of my head.
And I hope I never do.
I want to know all about her.
Her parents, any siblings or children?
Was she in love?
Who was that man who was so distraught bending over her broken body?
Who was the older man?
That image of her is like a modern day Pieta.
She is the Christ image.
For me, personally, I have been very reluctant to cheer the protestors in Egypt. Until now.
M. Zuhdi Jasser, M.D. is the President and Founder of the American Islamic Forum for Democracy (AIFD). A devout Muslim, Dr. Jasser founded AIFD in the wake of the 9/11 attacks on the United States as an effort to provide an American Muslim voice advocating for the preservation of the founding principles of the United States Consitution, liberty and freedom, and the separation of mosque and state.
- Glenn commented that Dr Jasser is the only one he has heard telling them.
- Glenn asked Dr Jasser about the current spiritual leader of the Muslim Brotherhood.
- Dr Jasser replied that the one they respond to:
- A little over 80 years old.
- He reaches over 80 million Muslims per week on Al Jesera.
- Has a web site that he gives fatwas, or religious rulings to.
- America has been asleep to the creeping growth of secular fascism and the theocratic fascists.
- A video was shown of this cleric calling for the killing of all Jews during a religious ceremony.
- Another video of the spiritual leader of political Islam was shown. The English translation had that Hitler put the Jews in their place and the next time he hopes it will be by believers (Muslims).
- Islamic Socialism as a theocratically controlled population and that ideal has been growing.
- This is a war of ideas.
- Egypt may be the event that gets us involved in this struggle that is like that of opposing the communist ideology in Eastern Europe.
- In this country, the Muslim organizations are non-violent, but are working to expand the Muslim influence throughout our culture.
Please watch this until the end, especially what Fouad Ajami says about former President George W. Bush and the connection between his administration’s policies vis-à-vis Iraq and what is happening in the Arab world today.