- 17:17″Direct Line” Russian President Vladimir Putin lasted 3 hours 55 minutes. During this time, the President had to answer question 81, 35 of which concerned the Crimea and Ukraine. Details presidential communication with the Russians and the comparison of the “straight line” with the previous – in infographics Ria.ru.
- 15:56Russian President Vladimir Putin believes that his U.S. counterpart Barack Obama would have saved him if he was drowning.”I think he’s a decent man, brave and would do it,” – said the president during the “straight line” with the Russians on Thursday when asked how he thinks Obama would have saved him if he was drowning.
“We were scheduled contacts with them, but our American colleagues have decided to suspend them. But I hope that with time everything will fall into place,” – said the president.
- 15:54Leading the “straight line” Putin has read the question whether he considers that after the events of the Crimean “playground” of the liberal opposition in Russian society has become very narrow.”I think that in our society, and it was not so wide. It just seemed like it mighty. But it is an important component in our society. Important” – said the president.”We need to focus on the majority opinion and the basis of this opinion, make decisions, build domestic policy and foreign policy, but never forget the views of those people who are in the minority and have their own point of view on what is being done in the country and in the international arena. And keep in mind, listen. I can not say that the state purposefully something here reduces “- said Putin.
- 15:51The President promised to compensate deposits 700,000 Crimeans in Ukrainian banks in case of their loss.
- 15:48Russian President Vladimir Putin will check how satisfied the government’s decision on the allowable amount of the salaries of heads of public institutions.During the “straight line” with the citizens, he recalled that the Government has taken a decision that the relevant wage management of public institutions should not be more than eight times the salary of the institution.”It is sufficient difference to provide high wages for managers and pay tribute to their managerial abilities and qualifications, but more should be. Not rule out that there may be irregularities in this area, be sure to come back to this and look at the field” – said Putin.
“Another sound accept so-called conservative values, which I also repeatedly said. And the victory of Viktor Orban in Hungary, the success of the more extreme forces in the last elections in Hungary, the success of Marine Le Pen in France – she got the third position in the municipal elections. Increase here these trends in other countries “, – Putin said during the” straight line “on Thursday.
According to the President, it is connected with the desire to strengthen the sovereignty and with the understanding that “at the national level, some issues that are critical for these countries can be solved more efficiently than at Brussels.”
- 15:37The President urged the residents not to worry because Sochi annexation of the Crimea on the eve of the tourist season: these regions different potential tourists.”Would Crimea within the Russian Federation or not, there is still a category of people by income, which in Sochi luxury hotels can not relax, it must be clearly aware of this report,” – said the president.
- 15:19The President explained why appealed to the European people, and not to governments before signing a contract to join the Crimea to Russia.”The format was chosen because of the significance of the event. This extraordinary event in the life of our people. Modern world, especially the Western world, it is very monopolized. Many countries of the Western world, they have voluntarily given up a significant part of its sovereignty, including as a result of bloc politics. We with them can be very difficult to agree on geopolitics, “- said the president.The president also said that Russia does not aspire to a deterioration of relations with European partners and hopes for a similar position in Europe.
Confidence in relations between Russia and the United States was undermined after the overthrow and murder of Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi, as the result of actions by the West, the Russian President said.
“It’s not that it’s over now due to the Crimea. I think it ended earlier, immediately after the events in Libya,” – said Putin.
Putin recalled that Dmitry Medvedev, then acting president, has agreed to establish a no-fly zone over Libya.
“What does it really lead to? By shocks in the territory, to the overthrow of Gaddafi himself, his murder, then the murder of the U.S. ambassador and the collapse of the country. From here and there is mistrust,” – he said.
Also, speaking of trust, the president recalled how during a personal meeting with NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen, who secretly recorded their conversation.
“Today, NATO Secretary General, Mr. Rasmussen … At one meeting, when he was Prime Minister of Denmark, he asked me about the meeting, it was not planned, it turns out, took a tape recorder, secretly recorded on tape, and then published in the press. I could not believe my ears and eyes, some nonsense, “- said Putin.
Rasmussen explained by the fact that this conversation recorded for history, the president added. “I’m flattered, of course, but I had to at least prevent or at least ask for permission to publish these talks. Which trust is possible after such incidents?” – Said the president.
President, when asked when Russia sees new first lady said, you must get to marry his ex-wife, and then think about yourself.
Ex-CIA officer asked the Russian president about whether Russia is engaged in the interception, storage and analysis of information about people and believes negotiations whether Putin fair and justified mass control.
“Dear Mr. Snowden you – a former agent, I had to do with intelligence. So we’ll talk to you in the professional language. First of all, we have a strict legal regulation of the use of special services of special funds, including wiretaps, surveillance on the Internet. This regulation is associated with the need to obtain permission from a court in respect of a particular individual. So massive, indiscriminate, we have, in accordance with the law, can not be “, – Putin said.
“If over the next month, no payment will not, then we are in accordance with the contract to move the so-called pre-payment”, – Putin said.
“We will not insist on staying in some international organizations, especially if they are not able to show independence and to formulate their own views on the key issues of international development. But some specially demarches also will not commit. We quietly, rhythmically work” – the president said.
He noted that Russia in international organizations are often faced with a lack of understanding of their position or even unwillingness to understand it. Present in the auditorium of parliament proposed a reduction in contributions Russian Council of Europe Parliamentary Assembly after the decision to solve Russia the right to vote. “As PACE we pay back fees and rather big. But they do not want us to see – do not lose anything from us” – said Putin.
- 14:30Russian President, responding to a question about the rehabilitation of the Crimean Tatars, said that the government and the presidential administration is preparing a presidential decree on the rehabilitation of people affected by the Stalinist repression.”We certainly need to do everything we can to make the process of entering the Russian Federation has been associated with the rehabilitation and restoration of the legitimate rights and interests of the Crimean Tatar people”, – Putin said.
“We in Europe are talking about increasing independence from the Russian supplier (gas), as well as we begin to speak and act in the direction of independence from our customers. But while it is in a certain balance of consumers and suppliers”, – the president recalled.
“There is only one problem – the transit, and the most dangerous element – this transit through the territory of Ukraine, with which it is very difficult to agree on energy issues. Hopefully, that here we all bring to the desired state, with an operating contract signed and working” – said Putin.
- 14:01President called scam attempts by some municipalities in the country to justify the reduction of teachers’ salaries annexation of Crimea.”This, of course, a rogue application that has nothing to do with reality. I want people to hear. We then analyze all incoming information and we’ll investigate,” – said Putin.Thus the president commented on the issue that came to the “straight line”, which reported that in one of the schools plan to cut teachers’ salaries by 20% due to the alleged annexation of the Crimea.”We do not need to cut any whatsoever social programs and guarantees,” – he stressed.The president also said that Crimea will soon become self-sufficient Russian region, as the Ukrainian authorities have made it artificially subsidized territory.
“In the long term, and in the short medium term, I am absolutely sure, even I have no doubt, the Crimea will become a donor. Not subject that requires the use of federal subsidies, it will be self-sufficient, and then donor” – said the president.
- 13:58The President asked whether the position of the West because of the situation in Ukraine affect the Russian oil and gas revenues. Try to harm Russia in the oil market can only Saudi Arabia, but it is not profitable to itself, Putin said.”Real opportunities to increase production and thus lower the price on the world markets, can only Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia has counted budget, in my opinion, of 85-90 dollars per barrel, and we have – 90. That is, if go below 85, that Saudi Arabia itself will burnout and she will have problems “, – Putin said.As for gas, Europe can not abandon its purchases from Russia, the President believes.”European countries somewhere in the 34-35% of its gas balance close supplies from Russia. Can they stop buying Russian gas? In my opinion, it is impossible”, – Putin said.
Russian President Vladimir Putin said jokingly offers to join after the Crimea Alaska, which in the XIX century belonged to the Russian Empire.
“We have a northern country – 70% of our territory belong to the areas of the North and Far North. Alaska – it does the southern hemisphere? Too cold out there. Let’s not get excited.’ll Have them there” northern “pay should be considered low costs,” – Putin said with a smile. However, he admitted that he knew the name of a popular humorous Native – “ice-Crimea”.
Question about Alaska asked the pensioner, which Putin said in response: “Faina Ivanovna, my dear, why do you Alaska?”.
“We are all strangled. What are you so afraid?” – Putin said, answering a question of general director of “Russia Today” Dmitry Kiselev, as it relates to the expansion of the alliance.
Speaking about the negotiations with the U.S. on missile defense, Putin said that Russia will continue to run them, but will do everything to protect their territory.
“When these elements are located in Europe, we have a lot of time talking about it, we have to do something in response. It – swelling of the arms race. Why do this? Much better to look at this problem, if there are any missile threats together to address these issues. Identify these missile direction. Identify system to manage the system, access control, do it together, “- he added.
Alexander Mikhailenko, Doctor of Political Sciences, Professor of Russian foreign policy of RANHiGS:
“As to whether we are afraid of NATO. Speaking about the organization as such, we have the concept of foreign policy says that the NATO threat to us is not. Threat to us may be certain actions of NATO. Absolutely unacceptable to us that here were moving bases and so forth.
NATO has, to put it mildly, not in the best shape. All countries, including the U.S., are reducing military spending. Personally, I have very big questions about the future of NATO. Perhaps, Vladimir Vladimirovich. Meant that hardly any of the NATO countries would like to join in the war. “
- 13:47Russian President explained the radical anti-Russian statements former Prime Minister, presidential candidate Yulia Tymoshenko nervous breakdown.”Ms Tymoshenko, I personally know her well, though, and encourages shot of Russian nuclear weapons, I think it’s done, most likely during some emotional breakdown”, – Putin said.
- 13:46President of Ukraine asked not to be “cursed land.””I can not agree with the fact that Ukraine – cursed land. I just beg you not to use such expressions in respect of Ukraine”, – Putin turned to science fiction writer Sergey Lukyanenko, who asked the question to the President.”Ukraine – suffering land, is a complex and long-suffering community in the truest sense of the word. Look where nationalism is thriving today, and even neo-Nazism reborn, what is this? It – Western part of Ukraine. And you know very well the historical past of the area, this land and these people. Partially they were in Czechoslovakia, partly in Hungary, partly in Austria-Hungary, partly in Poland and elsewhere, and they were never full citizens of these countries. Today, some people think that it is in these circumstances, Facilities in force once these territories today EU countries, it fills them with a special European content. fact that they were second-class citizens in these states, it is forgotten. But historical memory in the subcortex, somewhere deep in my soul is buried . Hence, I think, and the origins of this nationalism, “- said Putin.
- 13:44Desire to embroil Russia and Ukraine have very long been the subject of international politics, this trend is observed to this day, the president said.”Here is this modern politics section, stripping, and weakening one, and another component of the common folk, she continues,” – said the president.
Asked about Transnistria, Vladimir Putin said that the blockade of the unrecognized republic should be immediately removed.
“Ultimately, I proceed from this, it is immediately necessary to lift the blockade, the negative consequences that people living in Transnistria, and experience on the part of Moldova, and the part of the way, Ukraine. On the border between Transnistria and Ukraine have tightened nationalist militias and this situation is certainly as soon as possible, should be discontinued, but the end result-that people should be allowed to decide their own fate. Here’s what we work with all partners and will work “, – said Putin.
Head of General Political Science Graduate School of Economics (HSE) Leonid Polyakov:
“I think a very important point that the Russian president has responded to the situation in Transnistria. There really is half the population – are Russian citizens, there’s just Russian. And people really are in a very a difficult situation. This call immediately lift the blockade, which established Moldova and Ukraine – is a very important signal to those States. position of Russia is unambiguous and consistent. And as I understand the president, he insists that living in Transnistria were allowed to decide their own fate . I think that Russia will defend the right to self-determination Transnistrians up to form an independent state. most important thing today – to provide for the people living there, the normal conditions of life. This primary task. I understand that Russia is ready to take decisive steps precisely this direction and will work in the 5 +2 format, and will work independently. “
In March, U.S. authorities disagree with the annexation of Crimea to Russia, announced a series of sanctions against the Russians, among them businessmen, according to the Americans, members of the inner circle of Putin.
“I am not ashamed of my friends. About events in the Crimea, they, as well as, I am sure, many Russian citizens, learned from the TV screens, but was met with tears in the truest sense of the word. If they are punished for it, then there is something to be punished, “- said the president.
The president also talked about the fact that his wife Gennady Timchenko, who is in the U.S. sanctions list, could not pay for the operation because of the blockage accounts.
The president believes that the West attempts to make it the main object of the sanctions.
- 13:37Vladimir Putin urged to withdraw military forces from civilians in eastern Ukraine.”Now, we hear calls for the people to the south-east (Ukraine) laid down their arms. Their partners I say it right, great call. Army But then drag away from the civilian population. Absolutely crazy? Tanks, armored vehicles, guns pulled – against whom pulled a gun? Absolutely stunned? ” – Putin said.
- 13:32Moscow considers illegitimate the current authorities in Kiev, but refuses to engage in dialogue, Putin said.The president also stressed that if the presidential race in Ukraine will be held from attacks on candidates as of now, Russia will not recognize the election results.
- 13:29Resolution of the crisis in Ukraine does not depend on the sequence in which presidential elections and a referendum on the state system of the country, and from guarantees provided to residents south-eastern regions of the country, the president of the Russian Federation.”The question is how to ensure the legitimate rights and interests of Russian citizens and Russian-speaking south-east of Ukraine”, – Putin said.
The Russian president believes that we must proceed from the fact that the ethnic composition of the Crimea differs from the south-east of Ukraine. The president expressed hope that he would not have to use the right to use the Russian armed forces in Ukraine.
“We must admit that after all national and ethnic composition of Crimea differs from the south-east of Ukraine and the territories, I just said, were transferred to the Ukraine in the mid-20s, and then up to the 54th year, when for some reason gave Crimea to Ukraine. Ethnic composition of approximately 50 to 50. And I have already said that the final decision on the return of the Crimea in the Russian Federation was adopted only on the results of the referendum, “- explained the president.
“I remind you that the Federation Council of Russia granted the president to use the armed forces in Ukraine. Really hope that I do not have to exercise this right, that the political and diplomatic means we will be able to solve all the sharp, if not the most pressing problems of today Ukraine “- said Putin.
- 13:09″Can be found on the Ukrainian question compromise between the U.S. and Russia? Compromise must be found between the third is not the players, and between the different political forces within Ukraine itself. This is extremely important, the key question,” – said the president.
- 13:05For the first hour the president was asked 18 questions, 15 of them – about the Crimea and Ukraine.
Putin noted that China is gradually becoming economically power number 1.
“Of course, we will develop our relations with China. We have never had such a relationship of trust in the military sphere. We began to conduct joint exercises at sea and on land, and in China, and the Russian Federation. All this gives us reason to believe that Russian-Chinese relations will be a significant factor in world politics and will significantly influence the modern architecture of international relations “, – said Putin.
The president stressed that Russia is not going to create a China military-political alliance.
“We did not raise the question of the formation of any political and military alliance (with China). Actually, I think that the bloc system of the world has long outlived its usefulness,” – he said.
- 12:47How Ukraine came from a special unit “Berkut” backfire state security forces can not be put on the knees, the Russian President said.”The soldiers honestly and adequately performed their duties – is a matter of respect. But ultimately what happened to them, and how to deal with the soldiers now in Kiev – it will backfire for most of the Ukrainian state. Because it is impossible not to humiliate or put on his knees fighters who defend the interests of the state, “- said the president said.
“As for Viktor Yanukovych, he performed his duty as deemed possible and necessary. I talked to him, of course, many times, and during the crisis, and after Viktor Yanukovych was in the Russian Federation, including talking about the use of force. can to treat this as anything but the essence of his answer was that, as he told me more than once thought about the need to use force, but as he told me hand was raised to sign an order to use force against its citizens “, – Putin said, answering the question of the commander of the Crimean” Berkut “that it always Yanukovych” was such a weakling and a traitor. ”
“Always a person makes a decision in a critical situation, based on the life experiences and values. Did you know that my first job was in foreign intelligence, and brought us there in a certain way. And that education is absolute loyalty to his people and the state” – said Putin.
Vladimir Putin believes that the President of Ukraine Viktor Yanukovych was ready to go to any demands of the opposition, including to hold early presidential elections in December not, but much earlier.
“Basically, it all already agreed. But no, as soon as he gave the Ministry of Internal Affairs division of the capital, immediately went ahead and seized the administration building and a coup in the classical sense of the word,” – said the president.
- 12:42Putin said that he was confident that the people of Crimea feel tangible benefits from joining the Russian Federation. Existed in Crimea social preferences remain by subsidies from the budget, plus they added the Russian, the president said.”We proceed from the fact that all the perks and benefits that had residents of the Crimea as part of Ukraine, they must not be lost, and even if something is not in Russia, we are using additional subsidies Crimean budget keep these preferences,” – Putin said during the traditional annual dialogue with the Russians live.The president also said that because of the reluctance of Ukraine to make contact Russian expedite the creation of a private bank payment network in the Crimea. According to him, it will take about a month.
- 12:40Russian President Vladimir Putin said that behind self-defense forces to ensure open Crimean referendum got the Russian military, which acted properly and professionally. According to him, Russia’s task was to ensure the conditions for the free expression of the will of Crimeans, and it was necessary to take measures to avoid the development of events as they are now developing on the south-east of Ukraine.
“Nothing prepared, everything was done, they say, with the wheels on the basis of the current situation and the actual requirements of the moment. But be filled with really highly professional”, – Putin said.
He stressed that Russia did not set ourselves the task to act in the Crimea with the help of their armed forces, and set the task to ensure the safe will Crimean residents in a referendum.
- 12:30Ukrainian people must respect to the choice of the Crimea, Vladimir Putin said.
“If we treat each other with respect, we have to recognize each other’s right to choose their own. People who live in Ukraine, have to respect the choice of those who live in Crimea”, – the president said.
Vladimir Putin expressed confidence that in the framework of interstate relations between Russia and Ukraine will be able to find common ground.
“I hope that Ukraine will understand what otherwise in the Crimea, Russia could not do” – he added.
Nikolay Mironov, CEO of the Institute of priority regional projects:
“I wish that these statements were heard and in the Ukraine and in the international community. But there are several factors that can prevent this. Firstly, in Kiev, now the government is set up strictly anti-Russian. Given their action, it is difficult to imagine that this appeal will be heard. This is worth only regret, especially since Russia’s line to protect his countrymen quite natural. ”
Political analyst Alexander Kon’kov:
“Actually, it’s not important to hear this promise Ukrainian authorities or not. Most importantly, it will be so. Because people who live on both sides of our border, imbibed with mother’s milk, they were born together and grew up living together. Interaction of Russia and Ukraine – at the gene level in the population. Ukrainian authorities come and go, and people are friends and relatives. ”
Primorsky Boulevard near Sevastopol, where monitors are installed, which is translated “straight line” with the president, gathered about a thousand people.
The first question asked of Sevastopol, was the fate of the Black Sea Fleet. “We will reinforce and build on this potential of the Crimea”, – said the president. “Sevastopol – a city of Russian naval glory, precisely because of this, we will proceed, it is this guide,” – said Vladimir Putin.
According to the President, the Ministry of Defence of the Russian Federation has already placed an order for one of the shipyards in the Crimea in the amount of 5 billion rubles.
“Russia has never planned any annexations, no military action in the Crimea, never. Instead, we proceeded from the fact that we will build our bilateral relations with Ukraine on the basis of today’s geopolitical realities. But we always thought and hoped that our people, Russian, Russian-speaking citizens of Ukraine will live in comfortable conditions for themselves and comfortable atmosphere and will not in any way oppress “- said the president.
Russian President said that until recently did not have any in the text of his address to the people the words that he would submit to the Federal Assembly Act annexation of the Crimea, as waiting for the results of the referendum.
- 12:11President called nonsense statement of the West and Kiev that in eastern Ukraine are allegedly divisions of Russian troops and trainers from Russia.”It’s all nonsense. Out of eastern Ukraine, no Russian units. There are no special services, there are no instructors.’s All local citizens. And the best proof of this is that the people that called in the truest sense of the word, their masks,” – said Putin.
- 12:06The first question asked by the president leading in the studio was about his attitude towards the events in the south-east of Ukraine. Using tanks and aircraft against civilians – another crime of the Ukrainian authorities, Putin said.
“Rather than to realize that there is something wrong in the Ukrainian state and make attempts to dialogue, they began to threaten even more power and reached the point that moved on civilians tanks and aircraft. This is another very serious crime Kiev today’s rulers” – the president said.
“I hope that there will still understand what the pit and what an abyss current government moves and drags the country. In this sense, I think a very important start talks today, because today it is very important to reflect together on how to get out of situation and offer people real, not ostentatious dialogue, because leaders come Kiev today to the east, but with whom they meet? They meet with their appointees “- said Vladimir Putin.
Phone calls with questions to Vladimir Putin will be accepted throughout the ether by phone 8-800-200-40-40 (calling from urban and mobile phones – free) or SMS-message on the number 0-40-40 (Russian only from phones operators) in a single processing center posts. For residents of the new Russian region – Crimea – a special toll-free number: +7 (495) 539-24-42.
- 11:52Who and what problems have helped to cope president during the traditional communication with the Russians live, read the Help RIA Novosti.
- 11:48Traditional television “straight lines” are established during the first presidency of Vladimir Putin. The first of these took place on 24th December 2001. Record for the duration of communication with the Russians was installed last year, while “direct shedding” lasted 4:00 47 minutes. During this time, the President had to answer 85 questions, including 24 buyout issue, eight of which Putin himself selected.About how in the country there was a tradition of “straight lines” and how the past 13 years held a conversation with Vladimir Putin Russians, read the help RIA Novosti .
In addition to traditional issues – housing, social security – this year the Russians are interested in international issues and, in particular, the situation in Ukraine. Thus, in the first days of a single call center was leading Ukrainian theme, but then came the social problems in the first place. Among the popular appeals to the President of the Russians – complaints on the condition of roads, expensive gas, high mortgage rates, corruption, school problems and problems in the treatment of children in Russia. In second place in popularity of the Crimean population issues.